- This event has passed.
ELECTRI Council Set to Meet July 12-13, 2021
The primary focus of this two-day event is to choose the recipients of the Early Career Awards. We will hear updates from our Task Force Leaders and previous grant recipients.
The schedule is also filled with industry experts and a tour of a local electric facility, including a portion of the tour on prefabrication.
- Hotel Information
ELECTRI Council Meeting - July 2021
9:00 - 11:00 AM
- Joint DEC, PRC and TIC committee breakfast meeting - by invitation only. Breakfast will be served starting at 8:30 in the Savoy
- Board of Trustees Luncheon meeting - by invitation only - Oak Room
- 1:00 – 1:15 PM Welcome: Michael Parkes - ELECTRI Council Chair & Josh Bone – ELECTRI Executive Director
- 1:15 – 1:30 PM Industry Update: David Long, NECA CEO
- 1:30 – 2:30 PM Best Practices in Joint Ventures – Shared Lessons from Your Peers. Josh Bone, Moderator
- John Axelson – President/CEO, Hunt Electric Corporation
- Jerry Hayes - President/CEO, United Electric Company, Inc.
- Mark Mazur – President, MJM Electric, Inc.
- Todd Mikec – CEO, Lighthouse Electric Company, Inc.
- 2:30 – 3:30 PM What does it mean to work on your business, not in it? Karalynn Cromeens, Managing Partner, The Cromeens Law Firm, author of Quit Getting Screwed: Understanding and Negotiating Subcontracts, and founder of The Subcontractor Institute.
- 3:30 – 4:00 PM Refreshment Break
- 4:00 – 4:20 PM Cultivating an Innovative Mindset, Tauhira Ali, NECA Executive Director of Industry Innovation
- 4:20 – 4:50 PM Research Presentations - 2020 Early Career Award (ECA) Winners
- Examining a Latent Side-Effect of Electrical Safety Interventions among T&D Line Workers, Sogand Hasanzadeh, Purdue University
- Allocating and Leveraging BIM Efforts for Electrical Contractors, Hala Nassereddine, University of Kentucky
- 4:50 – 5:15 PM Review Early Career Awards videos. Josh Bone will lead a discussion on the four finalists.
- 5:15 – 5:20 PM LIVE Poll Everywhere - Questions to Council
- 5:20 PM Adjourn
- 6:00-7:30 pm Welcome Reception at Center Courtyard
- Breakfast Buffet available at Grand Salon Patio
- 8:00 - 8:10 AM Announcement of ECA voting and winners. Michael Parkes and Josh Bone
- 8:10 – 8:25 AM Committee updates. Michael Parkes
- 8:25 - 9:00 AM We’re not your Traditional Electrical Contractor, Nate Wickizer, President, Cache Valley Electric
- 9:00 – 9:30 AM Board buses to Cache Valley Electric at front entrance of the hotel. Buses will leave at 9:30 AM sharp. You must be registered for the tour to attend.
- 9:30 – 11:30 AM Cache Valley Tour
- 11:30 – 12:00 PM Buses will return to the Grand America Hotel
- 12:00 PM Council meeting adjourns
The Grand America Hotel located in Salt Lake City is the site of the ELECTRI International July Council meeting. The ELECTRI room rate is $249 plus tax.
Please make your reservation by June 11th using this link. You can also call them at 800-437-5288. Be sure mention that you are with the ELECTRI meeting to receive the group rate.
For information on the hotel and its amenities, here is their website.