2022 Challenge Overview
Student teams worked to design a new project provided by ELECTRI. They received a set of contract documents from ELECTRI staff that provided the foundation to virtually design and construct the most innovative electrical system to meet the customer’s needs.
All Student Chapter teams used the same contract documents and general scenario to complete the project.
Each faculty advisor and student team worked with their local NECA chapters and contractors to deliver a detailed bid package to “Contractor X” for a new university student center that was created using a Design-Bid-Build project delivery method. Upon registering for the challenge, each team received a set of construction documents from ELECTRI staff. These materials were less than 100% complete and provided each team with the resources they need to produce an initial electrical bid package that met the requirements of Contractor X.
During the following weeks, the student teams received a 100% complete construction document package along with a proposed project schedule from Contractor X. At that time, student teams had a limited amount of time in which to submit their request for information. Each team delivered a final bid package.
Electrical Contractor’s Innovation Challenge Winners
- First Place Project: Iowa State University
- Second Place Project: Wayne State University
- Third Place Project: Pennsylvania State University
- Best Presenter: Luke Eggers, Iowa State University
- Most Innovative Electrical System: Iowa State University
- Best Project Estimate: Iowa State University
- Best Social Media: Wayne State University
- Best Oral Presentation: Iowa State University
- First Place Video: Wayne State University
- Second Place Video: Kennesaw State University
- Third Place Video: Illinois Institute of Technology