- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
The Al and Margaret Wendt Trust
As of April 27, 2017
Albert and Margaret Wendt
Over the years, as Albert Wendt (Canon & Wendt, Phoenix) built his electrical contracting business, he learned the importance of building management and supervisory skills. He decided that what had made his business successful could be put to work for other electrical contractors across the country.
A commitment of $1 million to fund the Al and Margaret Wendt Trust launched the ELECTRI International Education Center to provide the industry with first-rate management and supervisory education. This Trust also funds the Wendt Scholarships, offered annually to NECA Chapters to ensure that everyone has access to the Foundation’s research findings and education initiatives.
The Al and Margaret Wendt Trust is dedicated to promoting research and delivering management education for electrical contractors and will also fund scholarships for "Wendt Scholars" pursuing appropriate management education programs. "We were led to this charitable act by the realization that top-quality management education is critical to sustaining electrical contractors now and in the future," said Albert Wendt.
In appreciation for Wendt's extraordinary service, ELECTRI has created The Wendt Award for Exemplary Leadership and Service to the Electrical Industry - the highest award bestowed annually by the Electrical Contracting Foundation and one of the four highest awards in the electrical industry. It serves both as a monument to the Wendts and a remarkable honor to those who have set themselves apart through their exceptional work and contributions to the industry.