- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
James Benham to Present at ELECTRI Counsel Meeting in Naples
As of March 24, 2017
December 28, 2015
James Benham, CEO of JBKnowledge, Inc., will be the featured speaker at the January 2016 ELECTRI Council meeting in Naples, Florida. Benham’s firm, headquartered in Bryan/College Station, Texas, is a premier provider of technology and cloud solutions for the construction and insurance industries, with clients across North America, the Caribbean and the Middle East.
With extensive experience in the design, development and use of technology to improve efficiency, Benham is a sought-after speaker on business information technology, data security and innovative software tools. His topic for the Council meeting will be Future Forecast: How Drones, Sensors and Integrated Apps are Rewriting all the Rules.
Benham began writing code at age 11. By age 14, he had developed his first application, and at age 17 co-managed an internet services provider, offering dial-up Internet to more than 4,000 users. He received his Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and Master of Science in Information Systems while in the Corps of Cadets at Texas A&M University. He has stayed involved with his alma mater by joining the Texas A&M faculty as a Guest Lecturing Professor in the Department of Construction Science.
In 2014, Benham was recognized among ENR Texas & Louisiana’s “Top 20 Under 40” for his advancements in construction technology. In addition to a wide array of awards and honors for his work, Benham is a founding member of the Construction Open Software Alliance. He is an active member of the Risk Management Society, Construction Financial Management Association, Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors, Associated General Contractors of America, American Society of Professional Estimators, National Speakers Association and the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets Association.