- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
Competition Finalists Selected From Coast To Coast
As of April 27, 2017
July 11, 2013
The Annual Green Energy Challenge student competition, sponsored by ELECTRI International – the Foundation for Electrical Construction – is down to three finalist Student Chapter teams.
The eight-member competition jury, including electrical contractors and industry allies, examined 15 proposals that offered each student team’s solution to an energy topic chosen by ELECTRI. The 2013 “problem” for the participating university teams was to conduct an energy audit of a parking structure on campus or in the neighboring community. In addition to the technical recommendations offered in each retro-fit proposal, teams were judged on construction planning and project management.
The 2013 finalists will make oral presentations of their solutions during the annual convention of the National Electrical Contractors Association in Washington DC. The selected finalist teams are from The Penn State University, Iowa State University, and the University of Washington. ELECTRI International hosts the students’ travel to and participation at the NECA Convention.
Jurist Phillip Rose (Roman Electric Company, Milwaukee, Wisconsin) offered his analysis of the 2013 competition. “Since the beginning of the Green Energy Challenge, the bar has been raised each and every year. This year was the tightest competition we have seen to date. The level of knowledge and professionalism in the proposals were as good as we’ve ever seen. I was really impressed with our three 2013 finalists. After reading their proposals, I can’t wait to see the final three presentations.”
For additional information on the ELECTRI Green Energy Challenge Competition, contact Sylvia Selwood, ELETRI International Director of Operations at 301-215-4539 or email@example.com.