- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
2015 Wendt Award Honors David MacKay
As of April 27, 2017
October 16, 2015
The Wendt Award is the highest form of tribute bestowed annually by ELECTRI International - The Foundation for Electrical Construction, Inc. The Award is named in honor of the philosophical and financial commitments made to the electrical contracting industry by one of its premier members, Albert G. Wendt, president of Cannon & Wendt Electric in Phoenix, Arizona. The Award recognizes exemplary leadership and service to the electrical industry.
This year's highly deserving recipient, David MacKay, is so honored for his leadership and service as a member of the ELECTRI Council. He has served as Chairman of the ELECTRI International Investment Committee and as a member of the Board of Trustees, Program Review Committee, and Kitchen Cabinet Fund-raising Committee. As a Council member, he has participated in analyzing industry trends and issues, recommending major initiatives for project funding, and serving on task forces to guide commissioned projects from start to finish. MacKay was also influential in the development in the Student Passport Program.
With Mr. MacKay's enthusiastic endorsement, NECA's Boston Chapter has invested $350,000 in ELECTRI International and his own firm, Edward G. Sawyer Company, Inc., has committed $100,000 to the Foundation. When combined with other commitments to ELECTRI, the resources generated with Mr. MacKay's assistance will be used by ELECTRI International for generations to come to expand its research agenda and talent initiatives.
Mr. MacKay entered the electrical industry in 1965 with the Edward G. Sawyer Company. He has been very active with the Boston Chapter, NECA, serving 17 years on the Chapter's Board of Directors, as Chapter President and Governor, and on numerous committees.
In addition to his work on behalf of ELECTRI International, David MacKay has served on a number of national committees and in leadership positions within NECA. He served on the Management Development Committee and is a member of NECA's Political Leadership Council. He is active and well respected in the larger electrical industry and within his community.
Leading by example with his years of dedicated service in far-ranging activities, David MacKay has proven himself worthy of the Wendt Award and of his industry's undying gratitude.