- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
Southern Contracting & O'Connell Challenge Grant
As of March 28, 2017
In September 2012, ELECTRI International received two Talent Initiative Challenge Grants from Richard W. McBride and Timothy McBride, Southern Contracting, San Diego, CA, and Walter T. Parkes and Michael Parkes, O'Connell Electric, Victor, NY to increase significantly its funding for student initiatives. ELECTRI received commitments of $100,000 from each, to be released as ELECTRI enlists new investments.
The McBride challenge is being made in memory of Charles Fazio, our ELECTRI International consultant, who helped the Foundation from day one to become the force for our industry that it is today.
Both challenge grants will support ELECTRI's annual Talent Initiatives such as student chapter support funding, the Green Energy Challenge, and our Student Passport initiatives in North America and/or other international locations. For every new or increased gift of $25,000 that ELECTRI received, each challenge released $5,000. The Challenge offered a potential grand total of $700,000 dedicated to the Talent Initiative Programs.
We Met The Challenge!
ELECTRI thanks the companies and NECA Chapters that helped us reach our $700,000 goal.
- San Diego County Chapter NECA was the first to meet the challenge with a $25,000 increase to its ELECTRI commitment.
- Ideal Industries was the first manufacturing partner to dedicated $50,000 of its $100,000 commitment to the Talent Initiative challenge.
- Long Island Chapter NECA contributed $25,00 of its $50,000 upgraded commitment to the challenge grant.
- Collins Electrical Company, Inc. contributed $25,000 to the Talent Initiative challenge.
- Northeastern Line Contractors Chapter NECA dedicated $100,000 of its upgraded Envoy-level commitment to the challenge grant.
- Legrand North America increased its Founder-level commitment with $25,000 dedicated to the challenge grant.
- Moss-Adams LLP designated the full amount of its new $100,000 Founder-level commitment to the challenge grant.
- Clennon Electric, Inc. increased its Founder-level commitment with $25,000 dedicated to the challenge grant.
- REX Electric and Technologies, LLC. allocated $25,000 of its new $100,000 Founder-level commitment to the challenge grant.
- Greenlee - A Textron Company designated $50,000 of its upgraded Champion-level commitment to the challenge grant.
- Clennon Electric, Inc. upgraded its commitment to the Governor-level with an additional $25,000 dedicated to the challenge grant.
- Zenith Systems LLC. dedicated $25,000 of its $100,000 Founder-level commitment to the challenge grant.
Download Challenge Grant Flyer.