- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
Student Passport Competition Ready to Hit the Road
As of March 24, 2017
May 8, 2014
The competition launch of ELECTRI International’s Student Passport Initiative is official. Three NECA Student Chapter teams representing Penn State, CalPoly and Purdue have submitted their program concepts from design to installation. Each student team is required to select an under-served area in the US or internationally and develop a plan for installing or adding to electrical service available to the community.
An ELECTRI jury will select two finalists to present their proposals at the July ELECTRI Council meeting in Toronto. The Student Chapter team selected by the Council will receive an award of up to $20,000 to help with materials and travel to the site. The team will also work closely with its NECA Chapter advisors, local contractors in the community chosen for their initiative, and members of the ELECTRI Council.
A review of completed student chapter initiatives in several Central America locations can be found on the ELECTRI web site at http://www.electri.org/content/student-passport-program-0.