- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
Student Chapters Get Ready for 2016 Student Passport Competition
As of April 30, 2017
February 8, 2016
The 2016 ELECTRI International Student Passport Initiative Competition is now open to NECA Student Chapters across the country.The winning team will be awarded up to $20,000 to use for travel and project implementation.
Each Student Chapter can enter the competition by submitting a detailed proposal by Monday, April 15th at 5:00 pm EST. It must include:
- Rational for the location selected, project details describing the proposed energy systems improvements, timetable, and budget.
- Confirmation from the NECA Student Chapter Faculty Advisor that the project is the work of the Student Chapter’s members and that the project, if selected, will or will not provide academic credits for each student team member.
- Endorsement from a NECA electrical contractor, utility, manufacturer, distributor or other organization in the chosen geographic area verifying the feasibility and value of the proposed project.
The competition jury will review and score the projects and will announce the finalists by Monday, May 16th. The ELECTRI Council will select the Student Passport winning team during the July 20 – 22, ELECTRI Council Meeting in Napa, California. ELECTRI will provide travel support for the faculty advisor and one member of each finalist team to attend the Council meeting for their proposal presentations.
The winning team will work with the ELECTRI Council and other industry partners to acquire contributed materials for the installation. The team is expected to complete its project by May 2017 and present a report and their results at the July 2017 Council Meeting in Chicago, IL. The complete Student Passport Initiative application and scoring details are available on the ELECTRI website at: http://electri.org/content/2016-student-passport-competition.