- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
NECA Disaster Relief Fund Ready to Help Members Hurt by Superstorm Sandy
As of April 30, 2017
January 28, 2013
Getting back to business after a natural disaster affects company operations, but the NECA Disaster Relief Fund remains ready to help NECA contractors who suffered company losses during Superstorm Sandy or other recent natural disasters.
NECA contractors have contributed close to $300,000 towards the fund through ELECTRI International, and the association is eager to get the funds to member contractors who need assistance. Congress only recently approved federal aid to states hurt by the storm, and insurance claims can take several months to process and verify. NECA Cares helps close the gap between immediate needs and long-term recovery.
The NECA Disaster Relief Fund (NECA Cares) was established in 2005 following the destruction of Hurricane Katrina. Since then, the fund has been used to help NECA member contractors whose businesses have been hurt by disasters, so they can resume emergency operations to help others in their community with safe power restoration and rebuilding.
If you are a NECA contractor who suffered business losses because of Superstorm Sandy, or know a fellow NECA member who could use assistance, please go to ELECTRI International’s website and complete the short application form. NECA’s Eastern Region field staff will help distribute funds.
Complete details about NECA Cares can be found online. Many thanks to the NECA members who have contributed to the fund since its beginning and in the wake of Sandy.
All contributions made through ELECTRI International for the "NECA Disaster Relief Fund" are fully tax deductible as provided by law.