- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
NECA Disaster Fund Available for Member Contractors Hurt by Recent Tornadoes
As of April 30, 2017
May 22, 2013
The National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) and ELECTRI International extend their heartfelt concern for the families, businesses and communities affected by the severe tornadoes that recently devastated parts of Oklahoma and Texas. We understand more serious weather is forecast, and we urge all our members, their employees and residents of the affected areas to follow public safety direction during this time.
For NECA contractors who have lost business operations during this time, the NECA Disaster Relief Fund stands ready to help. The Fund, known as NECA Cares, was established in 2005 following the destruction caused by Hurricane Katrina. Since then, NECA Cares has helped NECA member contractors whose businesses have been impacted by disasters so that they can resume emergency operations to help others in their community with safe power restoration and rebuilding.
The devastation seen in Oklahoma and Texas in the aftermath of the tornadoes has led NECA and the Foundation to reach out to those member contractors who may have been affected by the storms. At the same time, we are issuing a call for contributions to replenish the NECA Cares fund.
NECA member contractors can request assistance from the NECA Disaster Relief Fund through their chapter. Chapters can go to www.electri.org/content/neca-disaster-relief-fund to indicate their members’ specific needs. Contractors who would like to offer other kinds of support in addition to monetary contributions can share their information at this link as well.
Donating to NECA Cares
You can contribute to NECA Cares in two ways:
- Mail your check to ELECTRI International, 3 Bethesda Metro Center, Suite 1100, Bethesda, MD 20814, and include "NECA Disaster Relief Fund 2013" on the memo line of the check;
- Call 301-215-4539 to make your contribution by credit card.
Sylvia Selwood, Director of Operations and University Relations, ELECTRI International, firstname.lastname@example.org, can assist with processing your contribution.
Contributions made to ELECTRI International for the "NECA Disaster Relief Fund" are fully tax deductible. ELECTRI International -- The Foundation for Electrical Construction, Inc. is a tax-exempt and publicly supported 501(c)(3) organization. Because no goods or services will be provided to you in return, your charitable contribution is tax deductible, as provided by law.