- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
Excitement Builds at Student Chapters
As of March 28, 2017
July 29, 2016
The jury for ELECTRI International’s Green Energy Challenge has selected the NECA Student Chapters at Iowa State University, University of Washington and University of Toronto as this year’s finalist teams.
The 2016 competition challenged teams to design an energy upgrade for a school facility (K-12) in their community. Each proposal had to include the design of a small-scale PV system that will serve as a teaching and learning tool for students and place an emphasis on detailed technical solutions for proposed systems, design of 4-5kW PV system based on system specifications, and the re-design of an energy efficiency upgrade to the facility.
This year’s jury included Rick Long, Bodine Electric; Sharon Tierney, Graybar; Gerald Schulz, Michels Corporation; Tom Feissle, Southwire; David Dean, Thomas & Betts; Adam Rudd, ERMCO; and Rob Valderrama, Sprig Electric.
Contractors and industry allies are expected to fill the auditorium for the three oral presentations during the NECA Convention in Boston on Friday, October 7, 2016 at 1:30 pm.