- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
ELECTRI Rolls Out 2015 Green Energy Challenge
As of March 24, 2017
January 20, 2015
ELECTRI International’s 2015 Green Energy Challenge, connecting hundreds of students with NECA Members and Chapters, will focus on the development of a back-up power system and resiliency plan for an existing facility with demonstrated critical power needs.
Student teams will conduct an energy assessment of a building of their choosing on campus or in their community. The technical analysis will include: (1) energy benchmarking and critical load analysis, (2) efficiency upgrades that may reduce critical load demand, (3) the introduction of a back-up power supply/micro grid solution for part or all of the facility.
Interested NECA Student Chapter Teams must register their intent to join the 2015 competition by 5:00 PM Eastern Time on Thursday, January 29, 2015. Pre-proposals will be due on March 9th and full proposals must be submitted by April 20th. Finalists will be selected and announced on July 30th. These finalist teams will be guests of ELECTRI International at the October 3 – 6 NECA National Convention in San Francisco at which their oral presentations will be judged and the winner announced.
For the full technical scope and other competition details download the 2015 Green Energy Challenge Rules and Regulations.