- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
ELECTRI Launches 2013 Student Competition
As of March 26, 2017
February 4, 2013
ELECTRI International’s 2013 Green Energy Challenge is on its way. By the January 25th deadline, 19 NECA Student Chapter teams had registered their intent to participate in the competition. Each team will conduct an energy audit of a parking structure on campus or in the neighboring community.
The 2013 Challenge kicked off with a lively Q & A conference call to help teams understand the scope of their assignment and the criteria by which each entry will be judged by a panel of electrical construction contractors and industry partners. In addition to the technical recommendations made in each retro-fit proposal, teams will be judged on construction planning and project management.
The next Challenge deadline is March 15th for pre-proposals, project assessment, and background. Full proposals are due at ELECTRI by May 10th.
The Green Energy Challenge Competition Jury will review each project and announce the finalist teams in mid-July. Selected teams will travel to Washington, DC for oral presentations (in front of a standing-room-only audience) on October 12th, during the NECA Convention.
ELECTRI International provides a financial reward to the winning team’s school. For 2012, the jury selected The Youngstown State University (Ohio) as the competition winner.