- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
ELECTRI Green Energy Challenge Names Three Finalist Teams
As of April 30, 2017
July 15, 2014
ELECTRI International’s annual student competition – The Green Energy Challenge – has three finalist teams for 2014: Colorado State University, Iowa State University, and San Diego State University. Each team includes construction management and engineering students who actively participate in their university’s Student Chapter of the National Electrical Contractors Association.
The 2014 Challenge was to select a student use facility, conduct an energy audit of the building's power and lighting systems, and design and propose a retrofit for both.
Colorado State has proposed a new LED design, solar photovoltaic system, and building monitoring system for the Hartshorn Student Health Center. Iowa State will update the on-campus Memorial Union by improving the multi-use facility’s lighting, adding solar technology, and sub-metering. San Diego State proposes a retrofit to improve energy efficiency for the Kearny Mesa High School Gymnasium by installing new systems and sub-metering.
Competition judges, including contractors and industry partners, evaluated 15 entries from top universities throughout the United States. The finalist teams will be hosted by ELECTRI International at the NECA National Convention in September and can expect a full house of interested potential employers for their oral presentations and final award selection. The finals will take place on Saturday, September 27th at 9:30 am in Skyline Ballroom A, McCormick Place West, Chicago.
About ELECTRI: ELECTRI International – The Foundation for Electrical Construction, Inc. is the primary research arm of the electrical construction industry. Foundation research helps to improve the productivity, professionalism, and competitiveness of electrical contractors. ELECTRI International also represents the U.S. electrical construction industry internationally. For more information, visit www.electri.org.
For additional information about ELECTRI International and its Green Energy Challenge, contact Sylvia Selwood, ELECTRI Director of Operations and University Relations, at 301-215-4539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.