- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
ELECTRI Examines An Emerging Market
As of April 27, 2017
February 4, 2013
A new ELECTRI International research project is now available to the industry. Combining Charging Station Installation with Energy Efficiency Upgrades: An Emerging Market was investigated by a team from California Polytechnic State University – Lonny Simonian, Dr. Thomas Korman, PE; and David Phillips. The researchers worked closely with 24 project task force members, including contractors and industry partners across the country.
The overall goal of their research was to analyze market sectors for businesses that have multiple locations where energy audits can be conducted and where PVs and electric charging stations for PHEVs can be installed. The three specific objectives of the research include:
- Identifying potential clients and locations
- Developing a marketing plan and pricing model for electrical contractors for marketing purposes
- Developing a framework for a certification program that would be created to certify PHEV charging station installers.
Ways to combine charging station installation with energy efficiency upgrades was analyzed and reported on for each of the stated objectives.
The report is available from ELECTRI International at http://www.electri.org/research/combining-charging-station-installation-energy-efficiency-upgrades-emerging-market.