- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
ELECTRI Council Gathers in Boca Raton
As of April 26, 2017
February 3, 2014
The ELECTRI Council's January meeting was held at the Boca Raton Resort & Club in Boca Raton, Florida, from January 29th to 31st.
The ELECTRI International Board of Trustees, Investment Committee, and Kitchen Cabinet met during the morning of January 29th.
The ELECTRI Council meeting began with a series of reports on the Foundation's 2013 progress and a special presentation on the Industrialization of the Construction Industry. This session, led by Perry Daneshgari and Heather Moore of MCA, Inc., was followed by three research proposals presentations about pre-fabrication. ELECTRI hosted an evening reception at the Boca Raton Resort & Club.
On Thursday, the Council focused on the remaining six research proposal presentations. Each of the projects to be brought to the Council was first vetted by ELECTRI's Program Review Committee.
The afternoon offered golf at the famed Boca Resort Club and the evening get-together was also held at the Boca Raton Resort & Club.
Council members heard an interesting presentation on Business Development Opportunities for Electrical Contractors through energy Services and Solutions. The Friday morning session was led by one of ELECTRI's new Council members, Tim Speno, President of E2E Summit. Speno offered his perspective that we are now in a third industrial revolution, based on energy. He encouraged contractors and industry allies to focus on ways of working together to capitalize on the energy - and electricity - changes that are driving industry worldwide.
Speno's presentation was followed by Council discussion round tables and voting for the research projects that each Council member recommended for 2014 funding. The roster of selected research projects will be announced shortly.
After the Council meeting, the Program Review Committee met to discuss the ELECTRI Research Process. This meeting was attended by a number of Council members interested in the program review process.
All presentations from the meeting will be posted on the ELECTRI website www.electri.org.