- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
2016 Schulz Scholarship Winners
As of March 26, 2017
May 23, 2016
ELECTRI International and the Wisconsin Chapter - NECA and are pleased to announce the winners of the 2016 Gerald W Schulz Scholarship. This year’s recipients - Kyle Pedersen, a freshman majoring in construction at the University of Wisconsin, Stout and Jameyia Shamia, a junior majoring in computer engineering at the University of Hawaii at Manoa – will each receive a $5,000 scholarship to be applied directly to their studies at their respective schools. Both were selected from a field of finalists drawn from NECA Student Chapters.
Why This Award…
Electrical contractors take on the most complicated and demanding projects. Jerry Schulz has experienced the electrical industry from all aspects. Knowing the unique technical and managerial challenges of the modern electrical construction industry, Gerald “Jerry” Schulz and his wife Mary Schulz want to make certain that the industry has the candidates to ensure the best and brightest future engineers and managers.
By funding this scholarship with their personal $100,000 gift to ELECTRI, the Schulzes hope students will take the opportunity to look at the electrical industry as a challenging and fulfilling career. Offering highly-qualified students this award is their way to continue the legacy of EC managerial and engineering excellence.
Jerry Schulz is Vice President of Electrical Engineering and Project Development at the Michels Power Division of Michels Corporation. Additionally, he is a very active and committed member of NECA having served as Wisconsin Chapter President, Governor, and recently elected by his peers to serve as NECA’s District IV Vice President.
For detailed information about the Schulz Scholarship, click http://wisneca.com/services/gerald-schulz-scholarship or contact the Wisconsin chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org.