- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
2016 Green Energy Challenge is Well on its Way
As of April 27, 2017
February 3, 2016
ELECTRI International’s 2016 Green Energy Challenge Competition has launched with entries from 15 NECA Student Chapters.
The 2016 teams have been challenged to design an energy upgrade for a school facility (K-12) in their community. It must include the design of a small-scale PV system that will serve as a teaching and learning tool for students. The challenge places an emphasis on detailed technical solutions for proposed systems, including lighting retrofit and integrated window treatments/controls, detailed design of 4-5kW PV system based on system specifications, and the re-design of an energy efficiency upgrade to the facility that responds to the unique needs of the building and climate. Teams will be expected to develop efforts to support the engagement of teachers and students in the building and in energy and sustainability education.
Entries are judged for ELECTRI by a volunteer panel of leading electrical contractors and industry partners. If interested in serving on the 2016 jury, please contact Deborah Halpern, Director of Operations & University Relations for ELECTRI International at 301-215-4539 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Prospective jury members can review the competition’s 2016 Request for Proposals at GEC Rules and Regulations.