- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
2014 Wendt Award Honors Daniel J. Divane IV
As of March 26, 2017
August 28, 2014
The highest tribute bestowed by ELECTRI International, the Wendt Award recognizes exemplary leadership and service to the electrical industry. It is named in honor of the philosophical and financial commitments made to the electrical contracting industry by one of its premier members, the late Albert G. Wendt, former president of Cannon & Wendt Electric in Phoenix, Arizona.
Daniel J. Divane IV, 2013-2014 Chair of the ELECTRI Council and Vice Chair on the ELECTRI International Board of Trustees, has earned this distinction.
ELECTRI International leads the electrical construction industry in business research and education. The ELECTRI Council is comprised of the major contributors to ELECTRI International, the leaders of the industry, and provides the blue-ribbon tasks forces that help guide each ELECTRI-commissioned research project to completion.
As Chair of the ELECTRI Council, Divane works closely with contractors, industry allies, and the academic community to ensure that the ELECTRI research agenda meets the industry’s needs. He also champions Foundation-driven educational programs and the Talent Initiative, designed to attract the best and brightest college graduates to the electrical contracting industry. In addition, he has succeeded beyond expectations in energizing support for the organization, particularly from NECA chapters. Divane’s past service to ELECTRI includes his work on its Program Review Committee and Investment Committee.
Divane’s involvement with ELECTRI correlates with his leadership at Divane Bros. Electric in Chicago. The company, now in its third generation of family ownership, has provided quality electrical contracting services to the transportation, aviation, general construction and communication industries for more than 80 years and has also participated in several research task force groups for ELECTRI. In this regard, Dan Divane follows in the footsteps of his uncle, Bill Divane, one of ELECTRI’s founding contributors.