- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
2014 NECA Student Chapter Competition Launched
As of March 26, 2017
January 14, 2014
ELECTRI International (EI) and the National Electrical Contracting Association (NECA) have launched the 6th Annual EI/NECA Student Chapter Competition. The Green Energy Challenge competition provides undergraduate university students and faculty advisors with an engaging and fulfilling annual event that includes valuable interaction between students and NECA member companies.
Student teams must register for the competition by January 24, 2014, 5:00pm EST by using the Online Registration Form provided at http://www.electri.org/content/2014-green-energy-challenge-registration-form.
For 2014, teams are challenged to design a retrofit for a Student Union Building. Each team must conduct an energy audit of the power and lighting systems, prepare a preliminary design of an energy retrofit for power and/or lighting systems, design a new solar energy component of the system, and propose a sub-metering plan to support monitoring and feedback of energy used in support of student engagement. A financial and a detailed construction plan and economic analysis will also be required.
Three finalist teams selected by an ELECTRI International jury will each receive a financial award for their respective university program, a plaque and $2,000 in travel support to the NECA Convention. All members of each finalist team will receive complimentary registrations to the NECA Convention and their faculty advisor will receive discounted registrations.
The 2014 competition Rules and Regulations and the calendar of key competition due dates can be reviewed at http://www.electri.org/content/2014-green-energy-challenge-0.
For additional information, contact Sylvia Selwood, ELECTRI Director of Operations and University Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-215-4539.