- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
Wendt Scholarship Program
As of March 26, 2017
The Wendt Scholarship Program was conceived to provide financial support to NECA Chapters that offer NECA Education training programs to their chapter members. Established in 2001, the Scholarship is named in honor of Al and Margaret Wendt of Cannon & Wendt Electric Company, who made a $1 million contribution to the ELECTRI International Education Center in 1998.
How is the selection made
Selection is made by a committee consisting of the President of ELECTRI International, the Director of Operations of ELECTRI International, as well as selected industry and academic leaders. Decisions by the committee are final and are not subject to review.
What are the evaluation criteria
Financial need - The chapter must declare that the primary cause inhibiting the chapter from sponsorship of a program is lack of an adequate resource of training funds.
Local chapter participation - The local chapter must agree to use the grant funds in a combination with other funds that might be required to offer the NECA education training program.
Diversity - The selection will work toward making the group of award recipients as diverse as possible, considering such factors as geography and industry sector.
How to apply
NECA Chapters must complete the 2017 Wendt Scholarship application and fax it to 301-215-4536 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.