- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
Student Passport Program
As of April 26, 2017
Student Passport Initiative Competition
The Student Passport Initiative encourages NECA Student Chapter members to engage in meaningful service learning experiences in developing communities.
Each year, the competition’s winning Student Chapter Team will work to meet a critical need to provide new or upgraded electrical service in an underprivileged domestic or international location of their choice.
ELECTRI International has designed The Student Passport Initiative to promote the growth of sustainable colleges and university programs that advance the development of efficient and sustainable energy solutions and cultivate the professional development and personal growth of students.
- Encourage construction management and electrical engineering students to take an active role in improving access to electricity in rural, developing communities inside or outside the United States.
- Help young adults learn the value of “paying it forward” by taking their time to volunteer for projects that will make a difference in the quality of life for other people.
The ELECTRI Council will vote to select one domestic Student Passport Initiative each year and will provide an award up to $10,000. ELECTRI will also select one international Student Passport Initiative each year and will provide an award up to $20,000. Funds are to be used for student travel to the project site and for materials.
Students who are active members of a university-sponsored NECA Student Chapter.
The winning team will work with the ELECTRI Council and other industry partners to acquire contributed materials for the installation.
The selected project must be initiated and completed within the academic year (September to May).
The Student Chapter Team will be asked to provide progress reports and a final report of their efforts. Photographs and/or a video presentation are encouraged to support the cultivation of sponsors for future projects.
The NECA Student Chapter selected to receive the Student Passport grant will receive public recognition from ELECTRI. The faculty advisor and one member of the winning team will be invited to a future ELECTRI Council meeting to present their project results. The winning team will also be recognized at the Student Chapter Summit during the annual NECA Convention.