- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
Student Passport Program
As of March 28, 2017
As ELECTRI International continues its international outreach through its Cross-Border meetings and other initiatives, it recognizes its responsibility to give back to communities in need.
At the same time, ELECTRI sees an opportunity to involve NECA’s Student Chapters - the next generation of electrical construction professionals- in learning, first-hand, how to help improve daily conditions for communities that need electrical service improvements.
Student teams get valuable learning experiences through ELECTRI’s international Student Passport programs. Students select an international location with a critical need for new or upgraded electrical service. Working with their faculty advisor and a local electrical contractor, students design the installation and then volunteer their time and travel to complete the project.
ELECTRI’s seed funding facilitated the successful completion of two international service projects in Honduras and Costa Rica. A third project in Belize is currently in progress and the fourth project Student Passport project in Panama City has recently been kicked off.
Renew-Crew, Honduras, 2009
The goals for the future of this ambitious program was to develop the initiative into a student competition and increase the funding for each project to allow students to fully focus on the project planning and execution. In February 2014, ELECTRI launched this new exciting student competition. / Read more