- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
Student Chapter Faculty Stipends
As of February 27, 2017
ELECTRI offers annual support stipends to the advisors who are mentoring NECA Student Chapters at their institutions.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Stipend may be requested by Faculty Advisor or by sponsoring NECA Chapter by completing the Talent Initiative Faculty Stipend Application Form.
- Stipends are awarded once per year. Applications must be submitted during academic year (January-May or August-December semester).
- Stipend shall only be used for Faculty Advisors who are actively and directly involved with a NECA Student Chapter.
Steps in the Award Process
- Each year, ELECTRI International announces the amount available for Faculty Stipend.
- Each stipend check of $600 or more requires that a 1099 form to be issued to the Faculty Advisor to report the award to the IRS as miscellaneous income on the faculty’s own tax filing. Faculty Advisor must submit a W-9 form with Talent Initiative Faculty Stipend Form.
ELECTRI International, NECA and the sponsoring NECA Chapter are not responsible for any tax consequence derived from any stipend award.
- Stipend will be made payable to Faculty Advisor and mailed directly to the address provided on the application form unless stated otherwise.
Faculty Stipend Amount
In 2016, the maximum amount available for each NECA Student Chapter Faculty Advisor is $1,000.
How to Apply for the Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
Download Faculty Stipend Application.pdf