- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
Gerald Schulz Scholarship
As of April 27, 2017
Gerald W. Schulz
ELECTRI International and the Wisconsin Chapter of the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) are pleased to invite applications for the Gerald Schulz Scholarship in Construction Engineering & Management.
Electrical contractors take on the most complicated and demanding projects. Due to the unique technical and managerial challenges of the modern electrical construction industry, Gerald “Jerry” Schulz and his wife Mary want to make certain that the industry has the candidates to ensure the best and brightest future engineers and managers.
By funding this scholarship with their personal $100,000 gift, it is the Schulzes’ desire to have students look at the electrical industry as a career that is both challenging and fulfilling. Jerry Schulz has experienced the electrical industry from all aspects and considers having students accept this scholarship to be his way to continue the legacy of managerial and engineering excellence.
Jerry Schulz is Vice President of Electrical Engineering and Project Development at the Michels Power Division of Michels Corporation. Additionally, he is a very active and committed member of NECA having served as Chapter President, Governor and recently elected by his peers to serve as NECA’s District IV Vice President.
- Students in the Construction Engineering and Management field – with preference given students interested in pursuing a career in the electrical contracting industry – may apply for the award.
- Students enrolled at the University of Wisconsin – Madison, Platteville, Stout, the Milwaukee School of Engineering and Michigan Technological University may apply.
- Students at any college or university with an affiliated Student Chapter of the National Electrical Contractors Association are eligible to apply.
How to Apply for the Schulz Scholarship
Detailed application information can be found at the Wisconsin Chapter, NECA website at http://wisneca.com/services/gerald-schulz-scholarship.
Any questions about the scholarship should be directed to the Wisconsin Chapter NECA at (608) 221-4650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schulz Scholarship Recipients
The first Gerald W Schulz Scholarship was awarded to Scott Goelden, a senior at the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Goelden was selected from a field of four finalists drawn from NECA Student Chapters, and received $5,000 scholarship to be applied directly to his studies at the University.