- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
The "Buz" and Betty Allison Trust
As of March 28, 2017
Hugh D. “Buz” & Irene “Betty” Allison
Bringing talent into the electrical construction industry was always a passion for Hugh D. “Buz” Allison and his wife Irene “Betty” Allison.
“Buz” entered the industry in 1947 and one of his first companies, Oregon Electric Construction, became affiliated with NECA in 1960. He served the Oregon-Columbia Chapter NECA in numerous positions including President and Governor.
“Buz”, always a strong proponent of education, was instrumental in moving his Chapter's training philosophy into the 21st Century. When ELECTRI broadened its outreach to top students across the United States, the Allisons responded with a $1 million gift to create The Allison Trust to support ELECTRI’s Talent Initiative.
Because of their vision, students have enhanced opportunities to enter the electrical construction industry and electrical contractors have access to qualified professionals ready to manage and supervise their projects. Together, they are building the workforce for tomorrow.